Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Eve


There is a certain sense of pride that comes with replicating something you see on Pinterest. Tonight I want to share with you one of these moments.

Nick, Jilly and I were babysitting Ian and because it is the night before Easter, we decided to decorate Easter eggs.  After carefully mixing all the dyes and doing a few solid colors I thought of something I saw on Pinterest. The instructions said to crack the shell and then dip-dye it. After the color dries you peel off the shell but leave the inner membrane and it is supposed to make a patterned egg.

I took an egg, smashed it all up, set it in our green dye for about 10 minutes to really let the color set in, and then pulled it out to dry. I waited about 10 minutes again to be sure it was really dry and then began to peel away the shell. It is one of the best eggs I have ever, in 19 years, decorated!

You can see all the little tiny pieces of shell I had to carefully remove..... !

Ahh... the pride of a job well done.

Ian was also very proud of all of his eggs and can't wait for Mommy and Daddy to come home and see them.


Now thats a happy boy if I've ever seen one... :) 

I hope everyone has a very hoppy Easter! I will be doing most of the cooking for our family brunch so look forward to another post that is food-based tomorrow! 

Goodnight
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment