Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tastes.


Yes, tastes. I like to taste things and make things, bake and create things. I love being in the kitchen. I am going to use part of my blog to share with readers the creations that come from my oven, mixer, stove and fridge.

Tonight's dinner: Italian Herb Penne Pasta with Assorted Vegetables.



It was so fast and delicious.

Dinner was unable to have much thought put into it tonight as it was a busy day. At lunch time my dad and I ran to Kroger to find something. As I was off gathering lunches for the next week - salads, soups, and flatbreads - dad went off searching for dinner. A few minutes later he placed a package of chicken breasts in the cart. Looking at it I simply asked.. "whats for dinner?" and he said "chicken." Well, Silly daddy but chicken is not a meal. Chicken cooked in what? Chicken sauteed with what? Chicken in a casserole? He said "chicken." We had only a few minutes left before he needed to head back to work so as I looked around in a panic to create a meal I noticed Philadelphia Cream Cheese cooking cream. Normally a premade sauce or cream isn't appealing to me. I will take the few extra minutes to make one up myself. But this one was intriguing - the Italian herb one to be exact. So I bought it. I also bought vegetables, noodles and of course the chicken that dad was so gracious to plan out.

1 lb. of Chicken - Grilled in the George Forman and sliced thin.
1 package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cooking Cream - Italian Herb
A cup or two of baby carrots, broccoli and cauliflower
A small package of Penne noodles
A few small red, yellow and orange peppers - sliced.

Wash the veggies and steam them for about five minutes.

Cook up the noodles.

Stir it all together and in about a half hour you have a delicious dinner!

After cooking, cleaning and doing some homework... I am finishing off my evening with a cup of Banana Nut Coffee!

Till next time... happy cooking! (or eating, depending on which you prefer to do!)



No comments:

Post a Comment