Saturday, March 16, 2013

Grease.


So last night I was going through the fridge and found two almost-empty jars of pickles.

I don't know about you but the first thing that comes to mind when I see pickles is deep fried pickles, one of my favorite snacks or appetizers!

I looked up a quick recipe in my favorite cookbook - Pinterest!

1 cup flour
1/2 cup corn meal
Milk
Seasoning Salt.

We did not have cornmeal but we did have Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix which is mostly just flour, corn meal and some sweetening ingredients... why not!?

I cut the flour amount by half, doubled the corn meal since it included flour and was ready to rock.

As the oil heated I dipped the pickles first in flour, then milk (to create a glue-like mixture) then into the cornmeal. After five to 10 minutes in the hot oil I pulled them out and left them to dry on a plate lined with paper towel.



Add ranch and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment