Monday, April 1, 2013

Brunch -- The perfect mix of breakfast and lunch.


It is good to know that even though I am almost 20 years old I am not too old for an Easter basket!

I woke up bright and early to shower and begin cooking for our lovely Easter brunch. I cut up all the fruit for our Honey Lime Fruit Salad. I figured letting it marinade together while we were at church would be a perfect touch.

Then we headed off to church.


After church, and a quick stop at Tim Hortons (Got another winning Roll Up The Rim!), I returned to my kitchen. I covered my new dress with my Starbucks barista apron I got for $1 at Goodwill and got to cooking. Aside from the fruit salad, I made ham, hashbrown/egg baskets, fresh strawberry muffins, and Easter sangria (for those of age!). 


 
Check out my Easter Brunch Pinterest page with some of these recipes -- Easter Brunch '13


The afternoon was full of sunshine, egg hunts, delicious food, family and friends.

I feel like this photo is a perfect photo to describe the afternoon. :)


After our family headed home, Nick and I were off to family party #2, with the McIntosh family!  We ate delicious desserts, played Corn Hole for hours on end, and even found time to watch a movie and hangout before the day was over.

As always, I hated saying goodbye to Nick last night, but I know I will be seeing him again in a few weeks.


And then for today...
I found out I am going to be an RA on 2nd floor Brazell and am happy to say that I am going to have the best suitemates, Jes and Ashley!

That's all for now.

Goodnight
XOXO

1 comment: