Saturday, March 23, 2013

That's debatable.


So tonight I am just sitting here and I really wanted to write a blog. I could not think of a topic or an issue to write about. I considered sharing a photo, or discussing some lyrics or a nice quote. Nah. So I reached out to my Facebook friends and received a fantastic idea... Thanks, Sarah!


This truly is life's greatest battle, and it is still a battle I have with myself every time I am craving breakfast.


So pancakes vs. waffles.... I will save my choice for the end, but do know that my choice will probably change every 30 minutes.

First of all, when asking this question, it is never that simple. There are other questions that must also be asked, such as: What kind of waffles or pancakes? Is there fruit on top? Is this actually breakfast or like a breakfast-for-dinner type of deal? What are you eating WITH said pancakes or waffles? What is your beverage of choice with the meal?

That being said, I can give you some scenarios. Everything stated is purely my opinion and in no way meant to be a persuasion of you decision.

Lets say you have butter, syrup and strawberries on top... A cold glass of orange juice and a side of sausage. It is 10am on a Saturday. I say pancakes. While there is no scientific approach to coming to this answer, trust me... pancakes.

However, if it is 9pm, and you really didn't have dinner so you're looking for a quick fix that you will call your dinner... this is waffle time. Might I suggest some ice cream or at least whipped cream. Maybe Nutella or chocolate chips? A nice big cup of coffee (decaf if you're one of THOSE people, that can't handle their caffeine at night. -- not me, the later the time, the darker the roast!)

Maybe it is lunch time, you slept in late, and you've got a few minutes to whip up some breakfast. You've got bananas, and and butter but no syrup. First of all, no syrup is really sad, and you're going to need a good drink to wash them down, but I would say waffles. Waffles that are crispy are a little easier to handle with no syrup and I think bananas and waffles is a wondrous combination.

I encourage all of you to leave comments and provide me with other scenarios.. I am running out of ones I can think of. Set the scene for me and I will make the big decision.

Does that help make your decision at all? Probably not.

As for me, waffles.

And I will leave you with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment