Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Catching Up


It has been over a week since my last blog post. A lot has happened in the past week.

We're going to rewind to Thursday and Friday, as I was prepping for Relay for Life.

First and foremost, I met and exceeded my goal of $750. I actually ended with more than $800, which is absolutely amazing. I spent all day Thursday and Friday running errands and making sure we had everything in order for Relay. I made signs, went to party city for decorations twice, and baked more than I've ever baked in one day, ever before. I baked over 4 dozens cupcakes and close to 100 cake pops.

Did somebody say Bake Sale?

Then before I knew it it was Saturday morning. We got our site set up and we were all decked out in neon and ready to rep the 80s. 



Our team, Notorious C.U.R.E. or "The Little Team that Could" raised over $3,500.  It was a great day or celebration, remembrance and lots of people fighting back! As an event, we raised over $111,000! Thank you to every one who was involved, no matter the amount of involvement!

After Relay, bright and early Sunday morning, I returned home. I power-showered, took a quick cat nap, packed up the car and headed north back to Alma.

I knew moving back to campus after 6 months away was going to be an adjustment, but I never knew how hard it really would be. I've been at home cooking, spending time with family and having the freedom to go and do whatever I wanted. Now I am back in a dorm room, not to mention alone for the first time, with suite-mates I don't know and trying to make the best of it. Keeping busy is going to be key for me. I have made a promise to find some time, every single day, to do some sort of workout whether it be a run, a walk, some time on the weights.. anything. Just something to keep me up and moving.

I will begin "work" (one of many) tomorrow and will be working about 6-8 hours a week in the lab. Friday I will begin giving tours again, which I am really looking forward to as I really enjoy the interaction with potential students and their families. 

Friday evening I am actually heading home for the weekend. This was not planned, but came up as I was spending time with some of my sorority sisters and realized that one of them is actually heading home my way on Friday, which has really helped me pull through this week.

After I return from the weekend at home there will be only 18 days left until I can return home for summer and not have to be back here until Mid-August. I am definitely looking forward to having Ashley & Jes as suite-mates in the fall, because I know that will change the whole environment of my living situation. 

Until then, I'll just keep pushing through. Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.

Cailee
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment