Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Life is What You Bake It.


Spring Term is more than halfway done! It is amazing how quickly it has all gone by and in less than two weeks I will be headed North to Traverse City! Knowing that, the rest of the time is going to fly by!

For the last few days I have been busy planning things out for my business endeavor Cravings by Cailee <--- if you haven't read that blog, be sure to check it out!

I have been working on everything from logistics, to flavors, to prices, to advertising/social media planning.

I have officially planned a "debut event!" Cravings by Cailee will have it's first official sale at the Edison Street sale on June 1st. I was already planning on attending this event and selling off some stuff I've been collecting for the sale, but now I will be setting up two separate "booths" in my location and doing a little bit of both!

I am currently working on a menu for this event, but am thinking of doing 1 or 2 flavors of cupcakes, 1 flavor of cookies, 1 flavor of cake pops and possibly some homemade donuts! I will also have coffee available (as that was a big sell for me last year!)

Be sure to stop by and satisfy your sweet tooth! I will provide times and address closer to the day-of the event.

Flavors.... there have been lots of flavor ideas floating around my head.. I need some feedback. For cupcakes, I've been thinking about making Strawberry Lemonade, Salted Carmel, Boston cream pie, Red Velvet, some sort of Peanut Butter, or maybe even Mocha Coconut Frappuccino! Which of those sound good to you? Do you have something else you would like to see? I love getting thoughts and feedback, so let me know!

My business cards and other "loot" should be arriving any day now.

I am so excited to get everything up and running and cannot wait to begin brining smiles to faces through the power of a sweet treat. There is nothing better than to see happiness with someone enjoying one of your creations, and that is a big part of the reason I love to bake.


Somehow, though, I need to remove all of these thoughts of sweets out of my head and buckle down and finish up my Spring Term class strong, get all of my classes for the next two years laid out, and move out (wasn't I just moving in?!) After a short weekend up north, I will be returning home to get everything in order and have less than one week before the big day. I hope to see many of you there and be able to provide you with some tasty treats.

Life is What You Bake It.
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment