Friday, May 3, 2013

Spring in the Bubble


Just to clarify for those of you that don't know... people that attend Alma tend to say we live in the "Alma Bubble." Which is where "Spring in the Bubble" comes from :)



Imagine turning a corner to green lawns, people on bikes, people laying around studying on blankets in the sun and even some people playing frisbee. That is what it was like when I turned into campus last Sunday afternoon.

Mind you, I hadn't been on campus since the first week of December. When I left it was cold and snowy and most people were hidden inside under blankets.  Seeing campus like this, alive and outside, was refreshing.

Spring Term is so different than a normal semester. Most people only have one class that last just a few hours a day. Others are in class 9-5 right now, but are leaving for Europe or some other exciting place this weekend. I, personally, am in a class that is just 2-2.5 hours a day and the homework is relatively easy, which means I have a lot of free time. I am working between 10-15 hours a week, on top of RA work and duty, but I still have incredible amounts of free time.

Over the course of this week I have studied outside on a blanket, read under a tree, got a sunburn, spent lots of time people-watching from the service learning house porch, got ice cream at Stucchi's, been on duty twice, worked out several times, kicked a ball over the roof of the service learning house (did you ever make it Heather or Kayla?!), spent an hour catching up with people in Marketing and Communications and also quite awhile catching up with admissions staff,  and so much more. When would I have time for that in a normal semester?

Also, Kayla and I began a bucketlist for the rest of Spring Term. Go for a bike ride (with borrowed bikes), get Coldstone, get Tim Hortons (which is conveniently in the same building as Coldstone!), play tennis, go for a walk... I can't think of the rest off the top of my head, but you get the point.

We have lots of free time to be outside and enjoy the lovely (hot!) weather we've been having.

Get Outside and Enjoy It!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment