Sunday, May 19, 2013

Time Flies


I cannot believe how time has flown by over the last few weeks. Tomorrow is the start of the end. I have my last Monday class until the fall. Thursday is final presentations and I am out of here and headed up north Thursday night.

I feel like I just moved in yesterday.

There are many things I will miss being away from campus such as the free workout center, friends being around every corner, sisters and spending evenings at the Phi Sig house, and afternoon walks downtown. Other things, like my miniature bathroom, Sodexo food and 50 year old mattresses  I won't miss for a second.  I cannot wait to get back to my home-cooked meals that I plan, shop for, and cook myself and know exactly what is in it instead of eating "Banana Surprise" - a breakfast desert made from what appeared to be cake, pudding, oreos, bananas and cool whip - good job, Sodexo! I will be so thankful to be sleeping at home on my brand new bed and enjoying all the comforts of home again, including spending time with family and Nick of course!

Speaking of Nick, I am not sure if I mentioned this on here or not yet but the reason we are heading north this weekend is for Nick. He will be running his very first marathon on Saturday morning. It is called the Bayshore Marathon and spans the length of the peninsula running alongside the bay the whole time. It is going to be truly beautiful and is my favorite city at least in Michigan.

Then we will have a weekend of celebrating his completion and birthday (Sunday!) I feel like it was just the other day when he was up at Alma visiting and had to get up bright and early to secure a spot in the marathon. Ever since then he has been training and working his way up to run this 26.2 mile journey.  I am incredibly proud of him and his determination to do a marathon before he turns 20, which he will be doing by less than 24 hours!! And I am so happy that I will get a chance to be there for it.

Sadly, being there means I have to miss Highland Festival in Alma. I have always wanted to be here for it and haven't had the chance too, yet. I will (hold me to it!) be here for it next year. It is a day of all things Scottish from food, to music, to attire and everything in between. My family will be here and my sister will be competing in the Highland Dance competition. I'm sure they will have a great weekend.

Anyway, back to Spring Term ending. I am pretty sure part of the reason it has gone so fast was that I went home two of the three weekends and this weekend my aunt (and Alma College Alumni) and two of her friends came up for the night. I took them on a tour of "what has changed in Alma" and we got Pizza Sams! We also went to Petticoat Junction for breakfast this morning. It was a good time and I was so glad to see them.

Another thing on my mind today is that this weekend is both DHS and EFHS's proms. I cannot believe it has been two years since Nick and I attended our senior proms. (They were NOT on the same weekend - that is just crazy!) We had such a great time and I sincerely hope that all the seniors this year have the same experience we did!

Throwback prom photos!


Now I am going to be reminiscing through "old" photos all day!

Happy Sunday! Go plant a garden or something!
xoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment