Monday, April 15, 2013

Time.


So tonight I hoped to be doing a positive  upbeat blog about the yummy dinner I made. However, I do not feel that I can ignore the events that have taken place today.

As I was sitting here, taking everything in and really trying to sort through it all and decide how to write about the horrible disaster at the Boston Marathon, a song came on through my Pandora that shed some light onto everything for me. I want to share the link and the lyrics with you. The song is Time by Hootie & The Blowfish.  Time on Youtube.

Time, 
Why you punish me? 
Like a wave crashing into the shore, you wash away my dreams. 
Time, 
Why you walk away? 
Like a friend with somewhere to go, you left me cryin' 

(Bridge) 
Can you teach me 'bout tomorrow and all the pain and sorrow, 
Runnin' free? 
'Cause tomorrow's just another day, and I don't believe in time. 

Time, 
I don't understand. Children killin' in the street, dyin' for the color of a rag. 
Time, 
Take their red and blue. Wash them in the ocean make them clean, maybe their mothers won't cry tonight 

(Chorus) 
Time is wastin', time is walking. 
You ain't no friend of mine. 
I don't know where i'm going. 
I think i'm out of my mind, thinkin' about time. 

And if I die tomorrow, yeah, just lay me down to sleep. 

Time, 
You left me standin' there. Like a tree growin' all alone. The wind just stripped me bare, stripped me bare. 
Time, 
The past has come and gone. The future's far away. Well now only lasts for one second, one second. 

You ain't no friend of mine. 
I don't know where i'm goin. 
I think i'm out of my mind. 

Time without courage and time without fear, is just wasted, wasted, wasted time, oh. 

So much of our lives are based on time. The events of today were based on time. All those runners had on their minds were time. They had no idea what would happen in time.

The time was 2:50pm. Where were you at that time? I was sitting at home, watching the news stories unfold. Some other people were not so lucky, but were watching it unfold right in front of them. Others cannot remember exactly what happened at 2:50 pm today, and others do not know what time it is right now.

You see, at 2:50pm today innocent family members and friends were watching their loved ones compete against time. A marathon is an individual event, based purely on time. You race against a clock, against your goals, and against your personal best. Some people today were racing away from an explosion, and away from danger, and racing so much more than time.

Some people were in the location of the bombs at 2:45pm, but by 2:50 had continued moving along the race route to be far enough away to avoid impact. These people had time on their side.

Time can change so much. Why 2:50pm? Who is behind this horrific event and why did they chose 2:50pm? Is there significance  Or does it have more to do with the fact that it was 4 hours and 9 minutes into the marathon? Did someone know who would be crossing through around that time? Did they know who would already be done and gone? Or did they know that a large group would come in around now? They did know the streets of Boston would be packed, and knew that many people would be affected.

There are so many questions that may not be answered for hours, or days, or longer. It is all in time's hands now. All we can do is wait to see what is discovered.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the friends and families, victims and rescue crews, and also to anyone that was in Boston today that witnessed this horrible event. Time wasn't on your side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment