Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Confessions of a Veraholic.


Today is another day of deals. Its not everyday that I come across these great deals, but when it does happen it is an all-out extravaganza of savings! (Ok, not quite.. but still!) Two of these deals revolve around Vera Bradley, which makes me seem like a Veraholic - yes, those exist and I am far, far from it, but tonight I feel like I'm getting close.

Deal # 1 - Free Vera 
This deal actually happened a few nights ago, but the glorious box of goods came in the mail tonight, which reminded me how great of a deal I got.

It all started when I was visiting my family the other night. I was standing in the kitchen when a small piece of a Vera Bradley pattern caught my attention. I noticed that it was a "free $20 off a $20 purchase" card, that my aunt had received for her birthday. She noticed me looking at it and graciously gave it to me, and it wasn't even my birthday! (My certificate will be coming exactly two months from today! - $20 for my 20th birthday!!)

Anyway, I returned home with $20 to spend, which was a lot harder than it seems! It wasn't finding $20 worth, since most things are quite pricey, it was finding ONLY $20.

I ended up selecting $22 worth of items and only paying $2 (plus shipping.)

I got 3 "napkins" or pieces of fabric, with which I intend to make bows, and letters and whatever else my heart desires and a pack of binder clips that were on super sale. Each napkin was $6 because they are all new patterns, and the clips were $4 (on sale from $6.)


The napkins are Ribbons, Marina Paisley and Tutti Fruitti and the binder clips are English Meadows.



Deal #2 - Over-the-Phone Bargains.
This deal was not fulfilled by me in person. It was completed by the best "boyfriend's mom" in the world! (And the only one I've got!) The madness began last year when she attended the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale in Fort Wayne, Indiana. For those of you who have never heard about the sale, it is a warehouse with tables and tables and tables piled miles high with Vera Bradley products. Most items are 40-60% off. You actually have to buy tickets through ticketmaster to attend the event. It is an entire week long, as well! She went last year and came home with bags and bags of stuff. Guess what sale happened again today!


 



Because they were attending the sale on the second day, I was able to go online and look up price lists that people had posted. I was hoping to find a larger duffel or travel bag to add to my collection of purses, bags and totes. I found one for a steal! The bag is called the Metropolitan and is a retired style to it was a deep-discount item. I actually got it for 75% off!

All of this for less than $50!

The Student Agenda in Provencal      Originally $18.00     Got it for just $1.99
The Zip ID Case in Doodle Daisy      Originally $12.00                              $6.00
The Matching Lanyard                       Originally $12.00                             $5.00
The Zip ID Case in Indigo Pop          Originally $12.00                              $6.00
The Matching Chain Lanyard             Originally $16.00                             $5.00
and last but certainly not least....
The Metropolitan Bag in Call Me Coral   Originally $98.00     Got it for just $24.99. 

Overall grand total of savings.......  Retail value: $168.00     I paid $48.98.    A savings of  $119.02

I'm telling you.. if you like Vera Bradley, this sale is the place to go!!


Deal # 3 - Unexpected Savings.
This savings was totally unplanned, and was a purchase I was expecting to spend more on. My mom and I had to run to CVS tonight to get some odds and ends. I have been really sick of my Essie nail polishes lately and decided to try something new. I found a coral-colored Maybelline polish that looked like it would do the trick.

Maybelline New York - Coral Crush (190)

It was $3.99... not a bad deal for a nail polish.

On the way up to the register I stopped at the coupon center, scanned my CVS card and got about 10 coupons.  One of which..... $1.00 off a Maybelline cosmetic purchase. Another.... $2.50 extrabucks, which is essentially free money to use at CVS.  Which made the entire purchase of nail polish just 56 cents!  The nice guy at the register even said "watch out! we've got an extreme couponer over here!!"

Needless to say, I was happy with that purchase. New nail polish for a handfull of pocket change.

If you were to add up all the savings I had in this blog I saved almost $150 dollars and spent just about $50. Not a bad deal for all the new goodies I gained.

That's all I've got for now, but I will be sure to post again if I find another good deal!

Goodnight, Thrifty Friends!
xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment