Saturday, April 20, 2013

Take an extra 10% off...


Those are some glorious words. Although, I would prefer it to be 20, 30, 40 or even 100%  but 10% is good too :)

This morning, as my mom and I were planning out our day, I decided I wanted to buy a cake pop maker. Now I know this sounds like an impulse purchase (and yes, as much as I agree) I have been wanting to purchase one for awhile now. Cake pops are just the next "it" thing in baking and I love baking.

Look at them, they're so cute!

   


So, cake pop maker. I actually had been looking into buying ones online or off craigslist or something, because with most baking/cooking items it is a case where someone thought they would get lots of use out of it, used it once and then it became a permanent fixture in a cabinet or closet.  I found one, used once (like I said!) and she wanted $25 for it. It wasn't a bad deal, being that they're originally $40, but I knew I could do better.

I knew there was a Kohls near where we would be today, so I just happened to jump on their website to see how much they were there. Well guess what... "TODAY ONLY!" all small appliances on sale. It was on sale for $19.99!  After doing some searching and finding a 20% off coupon, AND lucky for me, a leftover Kohls gift card from grandma at Christmas, we were on our way.

When we arrived at Kohls, I headed straight for the kitchen section. (I tend to do this a lot.) The mini donut maker, the waffle stick maker, and the mini pie maker were all on sale...... but the cake pop maker was not. Well I took it anyways and headed off to a price scanner. Sure enough, it was on sale! You can never believe signs in stores. 

The best is yet to come though. As I was watching at the register, waiting to see it ring up half off, it rang up only $17.99 because apparently there was a door-buster special going on until noon! So after the automatic markdown, the door-buster 10% and the coupon... $13.99! A total savings of $26, more than I almost paid for the used one online!

And I am now a proud owner of a Babycakes Cake Pop Maker.




Be on the look out for a post near the end of the next week, as I will be making dozens of cake pops and cupcakes to sell during Relay for Life!


Be Thrifty, Eat Sweet!
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment