Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sweet Summertime


Its funny how your summer changes when you're working full-time.

Last summer I went to a beach or pool at least once or twice a week. I spent time with my sister and my friends, and all in all, spent a lot of time outside.

Here it is the end of June and I have yet to put on a bathing suit. Its funny how your whole schedule changes. You would think "well you have the weekends off to do these things," but I don't find myself thinking that at all.

I spent a lot of my Saturday catching up on my sleep. I woke up with a major headache. I attempted to go out and get some things done anyways, but ended back home in bed within an hour. (10:30am) I remained in bed until almost 4pm, at which point medicine finally began to work. Nick and I headed off to Great Lakes Crossing mall because I needed to get some more outfits for work since over the past 3 weeks I have found my selection to be limited and too repetitive. We didn't get home until almost 10:30pm and we attempted to watch a movie. By attempted I mean he watched a movie and I took another nap.

Today I woke up and went off running errands again. I needed to get some food for lunches for this week and ended finding another cute outfit for work at Target! (Bargain shopping might I add... )After that I took a car-load of things down to the new house and began setting up my room. On the way home, I decided to treat myself to a mani/pedi because my nails were looking kind of shabby and I wear sandals to work almost everyday. (That was less than a treat.... screaming children, a rough pedicure to say the least, and a manicure-ist that made my fingers bleed!)

Now I am back at home beginning to compile my portfolio for my internship, catching up on my internship blog, washing clothes so I am prepared for the week, organizing my week in my planner so I know what is coming up, and working on some content for social media that I feel may be interesting for this week. (Work, work, work!)

Everything I do ends up being work-related somehow. I don't mind it, it is what it is.. but it happens.

I am, however, hoping to find some time to relax and hit up a beach or two this summer. My only day off happens to be the 4th of July, though, and everyone and their brothers will be at the beaches.

Hope you all have a fantastic work-week, and if you happen to have the week off (like my mom!) don't rub it in :)

Early to bed, Early to Rise.
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment